Wednesday, June 17, 2015

The Invitation

I recently went on a retreat. It was a retreat to train and equip me to be a better leader. This was a true retreat. There were six of us that met in a lake house on the west side of Indiana. Being a Michigan girl, I'm always surprised when I fine a bit of lake side splendor in this land of corn and hills.

In the morning session of the retreat, before we started brainstorming and looking ahead, there was a devotional time to reflect and ponder. We were given the passage of Isaiah 55. This is often called the great invitation. It is a call to come and do a lot of things. Like take food and provision with out money. It's a call to listen. It's a call to go out and speak to a world that doesn't know the truth. It is a covenant between God and His people. It is a covenant with me and with you. The verse that blew a fresh breeze in my soul and exposed the hidden coals of my desire to write that had lain under the weight of all my busyness and responsibility was this

"See, I have made him a witness to the peoples, a ruler and commander of the peoples. 
Surely you will summon nations you know not, and nations you do not know will come running to you, because of the Lord your God, the Holy One of Israel, for he has endowed you with splendor."
-Isaiah 55:4&5

Here I am calling out.  I hope that you will find encouragement and a place to be heard. The writing won't always be deep. But there will always be truth. May we all shed light in the darkness and speak truth in the face of lies. 

No comments:

Post a Comment