Tuesday, July 21, 2015

The Little Voice Inside

We all have that one person in our life who has influenced us greatly. That person whose voice echoes thru our minds. It can be positive and affirming. More often it's the voice of caution telling us to think before we act. Or it's the one criticizing every choice we make. Sometimes that inner voice is so loud, we become completely paralyzed to know how to go forward. So we just stay where we are. Frozen and unable to know what to do.

That's why it's so important to have other voices that we listen to. If we only listen to those critical inner voices, we can never let go and become who we are meant to be.

My loudest inner voice is fear. The fear that others write better than me. That others have more to say than me. That someone else has already said what I want to say. Fear makes me bite my tongue and not call that friend. Or sometimes it makes me talk a little to loudly or try a little to hard to be something I'm not so I will fit in. Fear is my loudest voice. I can not stay in my own little mind prison listening to that voice. If I stay there I will be stuck.

But I have learned to quiet that fear. Thru scripture and prayer. Thru wise counsel and church attendance I hear other voices. Voices that tell me I can go forward. That God does have a plan and purpose for me. A voice that says "Call out"! But these voices need to be sought out. If I do not seek them out, they will fade away and become distant.

So I keep going to church, and I keep writing. I push aside fear and let confidence step forward. Not confidence in myself, but confidence in Christ thru me.

What voices do you listen to? Where do you hear your truth? How do you combat the negative inner voice? 

No comments:

Post a Comment