Thursday, July 30, 2015

To make the world a better place

I'm have already and am going to continue to talk about how to make the world a better place. Here is my list of how to do that. 

Let's all be kind. It's a basic we should learn in kindergarten. We are all fighting a battle, let's just take that into consideration when interacting with difficult people. We don't know what they are going they or have come from. If we could all just remember that I think the world would run smoother. 

People are not against you, they are for themselves. We all have had those brushes with prickly people. We have to remember that most people tend to err on the side of self preservation. Most of the time people don't have a vendetta against you. But sometimes they do, and that brings me to my next point. 

Sometimes people are jerks.  For whatever reason, they get a bug in their craw that they don't like you. Always choose the high road. It works out in the end. Maybe not immediately, but eventually. 

It's better to be gracious than right. This one is the hardest for me. But it usually works better to keep your peace. Yes, stand up and speak out for injustice, but just cause someone disagrees with you, doesn't mean that they have wronged you. Always choose kindness over being right. 

That's it. Those are my mantras. My rules to live by if you will. Take them and use them as you will. 

No comments:

Post a Comment