Thursday, May 12, 2016

The Fire Lord

It's springtime where I am. That means warmer temps, flowers, bugs and mud. But it also means it's grill weather. 

As the weather warms up, we pull out our old red charcoal grill. We pour the briquettes, give a generous shot of lighter fluid and a wave of the igniter means we are on our way to smoky goodness. 

I love grilled food. It's my favorite thing. If cleaning the grill didn't take so much effort, I probably would grill more often. 

But I haven't always been good at grilling. I used to be petrified of the grill. Sure that with the slightest error I would blow myself and family sky high. And yes grills are dangerous, but my love of grilled food and eating before bedtime got me over my fear. So now I grill when I want to. And it tastes so good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment